Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Printing options only allows for 2 sided printing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Julie61278

A warm welcome to HP Community!

I believe we can disable two sided printing from the Printing Preferences. Here is how to do it:

1.) In windows Search and open Control panel.

2.) Click Devices and Printers

3.) Right click the name of your printer and select Printing preferences

4.) Click Layout, click the drop down menu below Print on Both sides and select None.

5.) Click Apply and OK.

6.) Try to print.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Julie61278

Are you using a Windows computer or Mac?

What's the printer model?

Let me know!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have windows computer 

HP Recommended

I have hp photosmart 7520. It only has print 2 sided option.  I have Windows computer. I would like to print one sided

HP Recommended

@Julie61278

I believe we can disable two sided printing from the Printing Preferences. Here is how to do it:

1.) In windows Search and open Control panel.

2.) Click Devices and Printers

3.) Right click the name of your printer and select Printing preferences

4.) Click Layout, click the drop down menu below Print on Both sides and select None.

5.) Click Apply and OK.

6.) Try to print.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much! What is weird is I had already stumbled on this solution but it didn’t take effect because I was working in Microsoft Works. It took restarting computer to take effect. But me understand the computer and printer and really appreciate your help. Without your help I would never have realized what fixed the problem.

HP Recommended

@Julie61278

You are welcome! Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us. Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have a MAC, not a PC.  I am trying to print multiple letters using Mail Merge in Word, however, I cannot get the printer to print one letter per page.  It is printing double-sided rather than single sided.  I cannot locate any place to change it to one-sided printing only.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.