Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
envy5030
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have purchased the ENVY5030 printer, and have a problem wehn printing from the app. Everything coms out in full page size, which is costing too much ink and does not give the best printing result. Is there a way to adjust the printsize?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Karin010,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support community!

• Which app are you using to print from your Android?
  • Are you selecting the correct paper settings?

Let's try to change the paper settings on the printer and the Printing app.

• Open the input paper tray and close the tray. You would get a notification to change the paper settings on your printer.

• Select the appropriate settings and touch OK.
  • Also, adjust the paper settings from the app that you are printing from.
  • Try to print again.

You can also use the HP Smart App for printing from your Android. This app has the features to select various settings like paper size, type, color modes, etc.

Refer to this link to know more about the HP Smart app for Android.

You can refer to this document for resolving print quality issues from your printer.

Let me know if this information helps. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “KudosThumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks for your reply Atharva .

I have checked, I am using app version 6.2.160, as far as I can see that's the latest version. There is no update available.

I have checked the settings on the drawer and they seem just fine.

when i try to approach printer settings on the app, I still cannot choose size of print.

When using my laptop for printing, I do have the option to choose from several print sizes.

Just tried a page again, still full page... And I am running out of ink, since this is the start up kit...

ny other suggestions?

HP Recommended

@Karin010,

Are you using HP Smart App or any other app?

If you are using the HP Smart App,

• Open the app
  • Go to Print photos
  • Select photo
  • Click on Print

• On clicking print, it opens the print settings
  • You can select the Paper Size

• Click on More options to select the Paper tray for printing documents/photos.

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers!

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

oh I do not get all those options, under PHOTO there is no option TRAY/PAPER TYPE. Perhaps because there is only one tray?

From my laptop I can produce a print at the size i want, still not from the app on my android phone.

I would really  like to find the option print preview to prevent me from so many misprints...!

HP Recommended

@Karin010,

Which application are you using to print from your android?

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have checked, I am using the HP Smart app version 6.2.160, as far as I can see that's the latest version. There is no update available.

This morning I removed the app, and reinstalled to see if it makes a difference,. But still the same.

HP Recommended

@Karin010,

Let's try to clear the data from your android.

• Go to settings > Installed Apps
  • Search for 'HP Print Service Plugin' and 'Print Spooler'.
  • Select each app and clear the data of the app.
  • Restart the Printer and the app
  • Launch the app and try to print.

Check if you can select the paper settings on the app and try to print.

Let me know what happens

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Oke i did that (again).

And no change, unfortunately

HP Recommended

@Karin010,

Try these changes:

• Open the HP Smart app
  • Go to Print photos
  • Select photo
  • Click on Print, the print preview opens
  • On the top right-hand corner, you would see 3 dots for the settings, touch on the 3 dots

• Touch 'Select Paper Size'

• Select the required paper size and try to print.

Check if this works.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.