Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Close Tray Extender on Envy 7855

Envy Photo 7855
macOS 10.14 Mojave

How do I close the tray extender on my HP Envy Photo 7855? I have manually closed it twice, but it just doesn't feel right. It feels mechanical, like there should be a button or it close automatically.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4,667 4,662 306 331
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @mandilking,

I believe we have to manually push the tray back in. Unfortunately, the HP Envy 7855 printer does not have an automatic retractable tray.

Let me know if you have any questions. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same question.  When I print the tray extender comes out to catch the paper so it doesn't fall to the floor.  However, I turn off the printer and the tray extender stays extended.  When I manually push the tray extender in, it feels mechanical.  I feel like i'm going to break it.  Should I close the extender tray manually each time?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,578 11,569 569 623
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@nphoto

Could you please help me with the exact model name or the product number of the printer and the operating system of the computer?

Keep me posted.

Welcome to the HP Community:)

Have a great day!

Cheers 🙂

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same question - how do you close the paper tray extender? I have an HP envy 7855. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,312 19,215 1,099 1,186
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Genny1212

Welcome to HP support community.

You have to manually push the tray back in. Unfortunately, the HP Envy 7855 printer does not have an automatic retractable tray.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation