Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet All-in-one 6950

We've struggled to keep the color ink printing correctly on our Officejet 6950 printer. The cyan seems to be the culprit but it's not the ink as it's happened consistently for the last several months. We've replaced all of the ink several times. (We have HP Instant Ink) If we go through all 3 levels of printhead cleaning it helps for 1 or 2 pages and then starts to deteriorate quickly. The blue will stop printing all together or leave streaks across the page. Then we try cleaning again and it works again for a page or two but then stops. We just discovered our warranty ran out in November. Is there anything we can do to get it working?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher Thank you for replying as well. I tried all of those steps and the printer is still not working correctly. HP Instant ink has already sent brand new cartridges twice in the last 2 weeks to see if that will help and it didn’t help. Because the warranty has expired I decided to get a different printer. Best wishes! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Cheron-Z I got an email that you had responded to this post and sent me a pm with more questions. When I log in here to the HP community it says I don't have any messages or replies to this post. I did do all of the things mentioned in the article that you sent but the problem still persists.

HP Recommended

@Sew5521 Greetings from the HP Community!

I have a few steps that should help your cause:

Step 1: Reinstall the print driver (Windows only)

If you cannot print color from a Windows computer, uninstall and reinstall the printer software. Skip this step if your printer is able to print in color.

1. Remove the printer from the devices list.

For steps on removing the printer from the devices list, go to Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows).

2. Go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then install the latest software for your printer.

Try to print. If these steps resolved the issue, you do not need to continue troubleshooting.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 2 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If the issue persists, please check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it as I've sent out a list of questions and I could provide a better solution once I have the answers: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

We eagerly await your response,

Help us, help you.

And Take care.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher Thank you for replying as well. I tried all of those steps and the printer is still not working correctly. HP Instant ink has already sent brand new cartridges twice in the last 2 weeks to see if that will help and it didn’t help. Because the warranty has expired I decided to get a different printer. Best wishes! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.