CourtneyN4
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Color cartridge error

HP ENVY Photo 7155
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I installed a new color cartridge and it continues to give me an error that it is not installed properly.  I did all the trouble shooting steps and still get the error.  I reinsert the old color cartridge and the error goes away.  Now I just get the error that there is no color left in the cartridge.  The new cartridge is an HP cartridge, brand new out of the package.  Seems like a faulty color cartridge to me.  Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,203 6,190 451 493
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Color cartridge error

@CourtneyN4, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If you have already performed the steps from the document  Ink Cartridge Errors and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer or the ink cartridge replacement.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation