Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4520
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello, 

I changed the ink of my printer but now the colors are darker than before. When i want to print soe light blue, it turns into  a darkr blue. The color is not representative anymore after printing.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@J_B-delrey1 Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support and we appreciate your patience.

That said, I suggest you Print a Print Quality Diagnostic report from the printer control panel, then evaluate the results.

1. Make sure to load the input tray with plain, white paper.

2. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup.

3. Touch Tools.

4. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Print Quality Report.

A Print Quality Diagnostic report prints.

Image: Example of the Print Quality Diagnostic Page

5. Keep the Print Quality Diagnostic report for easy reference later in this document.

Continue to the next step to examine the color blocks on the Print Quality Diagnostic report.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 9 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@J_B-delrey1 Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support and we appreciate your patience.

That said, I suggest you Print a Print Quality Diagnostic report from the printer control panel, then evaluate the results.

1. Make sure to load the input tray with plain, white paper.

2. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup.

3. Touch Tools.

4. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Print Quality Report.

A Print Quality Diagnostic report prints.

Image: Example of the Print Quality Diagnostic Page

5. Keep the Print Quality Diagnostic report for easy reference later in this document.

Continue to the next step to examine the color blocks on the Print Quality Diagnostic report.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 9 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.