Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Intel Core based computer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My printer is an Officejet Pro 8500 A910 with firmware version LRP1FN1621BR

when printing a document the colors printed are not the true colors of the document. I printed a test page, but I don't know if the colors that printed are the true colors sent to the printer. What are the color shades in the three big colored squares printed?

I get shades of purple, yellow, and the last sample is black, a flesh color and a lighter flesh color.

Diagnosing the problem is frustrating and the virtual agent is vitrually valuless!

Please help, even when I try to print out a black print mailing label is comes out brownish, but fortunately dark enough to satisfy the post office. Today I tried to print out a multicolored form with shades of green, yellow, brown, purple, and light blue and all I got was shades of flesh tones.

I don't really want to replace the printer especially since I have a nearly full black cartridge, but if I need to I don't think I will be getting an HP unless there is a super deal at the store.

Thanks,

Maurice

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Mlandes1

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Are you able to copy well in colour or black and white?

Let me know how the print quality report looks: 

1. Load plain white paper into the input tray.

2. Press the Setup button.

3. Select Print Report.

4. Select Print Quality Page.

5. Press OK.

Let me know if the colors are ok on this report.

Let's also clean the Printhead:

1. Load plain white paper into the input tray.

2. Press the Setup button.

3. Select Tools.

4. Select Clean Printhead.

5. Wait while the printer cleans the printhead.

6. A test page prints after the printhead is cleaned.

7. If there are defects on the page, repeat the clean printhead steps.

If the issue persists, please perform the remaining steps from this document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8500-all-in-one-printer-series-a909/3752454/mo...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did a 3 level print head cleaning and each cleaning resulted in poorer print quality on the test page produced after each cleaning.😬

HP Recommended

Do you have another set of color ink cartridges that you can try using?

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I , against my better judgement went out an bought a complete set of color cartridges replacing them all. Realigned and recleaned  the printheads and got results that were no better than before purchasing them. Considering the age of the printer I am not going to throw more money into my printer pit. I can buy a new printer for the cost of one print head which cost as much as the 3 color cartridges just purchased. And then it's just a matter of time until the other print head fails.

Shopping begins and I will have a new printer in a few days., and probably a different brand unless there is something that HP can do to help me recover the money wasted on new cartridges. I appreciate the effort, but if I cannot get the printer to properly function without additional cash outlay my choice is clear.

Thanks,

Maurice

HP Recommended

@Mlandes1

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.