Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently changed my setup from wireless to wired.  My computer is plugged in via ethernet and my printer is connected via ethernet.  I'm getting an error saying that they are connected to 2 different routers.  

In my list of printers I have 2 printers listed - HP 8600 (which I assume is the hardwired one) and HP 8600 Network.  I am no longer able to use the HP software so that I can scan.

What do I need to do to get my configuration correct?  

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Are both your printer and PC connected to the same router (either wirelessly or wired) or may you have multiple routers at your home?

Click the Ethernet icon on your printer and let me know your printer's IP Address.

Also click the Settings button and then Restore the Network Defaults, to ensure your printer doesn't have any incorrect configuration.

Now, click the Ethernet icon again and let me know the current IP of the printer, is there any change?

On your PC, right-click the Ethernet icon and select Open Network & internet settings, then click on Change connection properties and scroll down.

What is the listed IPv4 address of your PC?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Are both your printer and PC connected to the same router (either wirelessly or wired) or may you have multiple routers at your home?

Click the Ethernet icon on your printer and let me know your printer's IP Address.

Also click the Settings button and then Restore the Network Defaults, to ensure your printer doesn't have any incorrect configuration.

Now, click the Ethernet icon again and let me know the current IP of the printer, is there any change?

On your PC, right-click the Ethernet icon and select Open Network & internet settings, then click on Change connection properties and scroll down.

What is the listed IPv4 address of your PC?

HP Recommended

thank you for your help

the initial IP address was 192.168.7.99

i restored defaults and it changed to 192.168.0.251

the IPv4 address listed on the computer is 192.168.0.3

HP Recommended

Wow!!!  I believe that you have fixed my problem.  And now my HP software works and the scanning capability is back.  Thank you very much.  I'm good to go.  

HP Recommended

Great to hear so, good to see your scanning software now works as expected!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.