04-28-2020 01:20 PM
Have had this printer installed for years (5? 7?) and it's always worked flawlessly. Today, my laptop can't see the printer and nothing I do via HP tools is working at all.
When I try to print a document, the printer doesn't show in the list. Going to Printers and trying to identify, I see "HP43E364 (HP OfficeJet 4650 series) Driver is unavailable.
Go to HP Support, DL HP OfficeJet 4650 series Print and Scan Driver and Accessories;
Run...get "The software required for your device could not be installed."
Try using HP Print and Scan Doctor:
"My product is not listed" ....turn off/on, retry... still no joy.
At this point I can't even recall what HP tool I was using to recreate and get the same message, but it was about checking the printer IP. Checked the IP, entered into the tool, still can't see printer.
I did see a solution about resetting IP addresses and that may be above my pay grade.
Thanks in advance,
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-05-2020 03:19 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Restart the PC again.
Download and install printer full feature driver
Click here to download the driver.
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
05-05-2020 04:07 PM
Thank you @Sandytechy20!
I am not sure how, or what exactly I did, but it started working again out of the blue a couple of days ago. If it acts up again, I will follow your instructions. Much appreciated!