Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 6950

I am trying to connect Alexa app to the HP printer skill, but it says that there is an error trying to link to my account.

I have 2 logins for HP - HP.com and HPconnect.  Which one do you use?  I have tried both but neither work??

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi There,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I'll be glad to assist you.

Could you please help me with the exact model name or the product number?

What happens when you try to connect to Alexa app?

Keep me posted.

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

My printer is Officejet 6950.

When I try to link the printer it fails.

I have 2 HP logins (HP.com & HPconnect).

Which should I use?

HP Recommended

Just tried changing my password and even with the new password it does not connect?

HP Recommended

Restore the printer to the original network settings

1. From the Home screen, touch (Wireless) and then touch ( Settings ).

2. Touch Restore Network Settings, and then follow the onscreen instructions.

3. Print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset.

Now try to connect to the network.

Keep me posted

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Made absolutely no difference!

What now?

HP Recommended

It’s not the printer I am connecting with, but the HP (theauth.voice.hp10.us). Are you misunderstanding what I am doing?

HP Recommended

@Rocky3348

Refer to the document HP Printers - Printing with Amazon Alexa for help.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have done all that, over and over again but it will not accept my credentials.

As I mentioned before I have 2 logins, which one do I use?  Having said that, I have tried both logins with no success.

I can login to HP OK with both these logins, so why will it not link?
Here is the screen I get logging into HP.com:

FE0FA8E1-B491-4778-84EF-D0CCC1F7245D.jpeg

HP Recommended

@Rocky3348

This requires remote assistance. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further course of action.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.