1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Connecting printer to pc with wifi

deskjet 3520
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello,

after resetting my modem i'm not able to make connection between modem and printer. In settings, wireless and wireless direct is ON. When I select wireless protected setup and button setting i'm asked to press WPS button on router for 3 seconds. Nothing happens, times just runds out.  IP : not connected.

I would like to be able to use the printer wireless from laptop and pc like before.

Thx

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,089 6,076 446 487
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Connecting printer to pc with wifi

@okallready, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Let us try an alternate method to connect the printer. Follow the steps below-

Use the HP Smart app to connect the printer to your wireless network.

1. Make sure your computer is connected to your wireless network.

2. On your computer, download and install the HP Smart app (in English) from the Microsoft store.

3. Turn on the printer. If the printer is in sleep mode, press the Cancel button on the control panel.

4. Prepare the printer for a wireless network connection.

NOTE: 

You must complete the network setup within 2 hours.

• For most HP printers: Press and hold the Wireless and Cancel buttons until the Wireless and Power lights blink.

• For HP Laser printers: Press and hold the Wireless button until the Attention light blinks. The printer might restart.

• For HP Tango printers: Press and hold the Wireless button on the back of the printer for 5 seconds until the Edge lighting flashes blue.

5. On your computer, open HP Smart, and then click the Printer icon .

6. Click Set Up a New Printer, and then click Continue.

HP Smart searches for printers on your wireless network.

7. Select your printer, and then click Continue.

8. When prompted, type the WEP or WPA key (network password).

If you do not know your network password, go to Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password.

9. After the printer connects to your wireless network, click Continue, and then click Exit Setup.

Once the printer connects to the wireless network, the blue Wireless light on the control panel turns on solid.

Also, you can use a temporary USB connection from your computer to your printer to connect the printer to your wireless network. Follow the steps below-

1. Search Windows for HP, and then click your printer name from the list of results. If you do not have the printer software installed on your computer, to go 123.hp.com to download and install it.

HP Printer Assistant opens.

2. Click the Utilities tab.

3. Click Printer Setup & Software, and then click Reconfigure Wireless Settings.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to change the wireless settings.

5. When prompted, connect the USB cable and type the WEP or WPA key (network password).

If you do not know your network password, go to Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password (Windows).

Once the printer connects to the wireless network, the blue Wireless light on the control panel turns on solid.

If you still have issues, print a Wireless Network Test Report, and then follow any instructions on the report to troubleshoot wireless connectivity problems.

For more information, go to Using a Wireless Network Test Report.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation