Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 Series PCL-3

For some reason my printer is constantly jamming papers.   I clear one only to have the next paper that feeds though scrunch up and jam.   Any help on what I need to do to stop this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for trying to help.   The "solution" I should have done was never purchase an HP Product in the first place.   My "original" HP Printer lasted almost 8 years and then I replaced it last year.   The first HP started jamming immediately, the store replaced that one.  That one began jamming within one month and was replaced by HP.   The replacement starting jamming almost immediately as well until I had it about 2 months and even with HP's help the jam could not be fixed.   They just sent the replacement printer without a printhead and instructed me to use the one from the printer that was being replaced.   Of course the error stated that "you cannot switch printheads" even though I was instructed by HP to do just that.   So they decided to replace the printer they just sent me and will be sending another printhead under separate cover.   Both should be here by Wednesday at the latest.   Now the 6 Million Dollar question is whether the "new" printer and printhead will work or not.  Now I have an extended warranty with HP which I bought once I realized the products they were producing now are crap.   Frustrated does not even touch how I feel at this point.  I appreciate you trying to help to the question I posted BEFORE I realized that HP Support and HP have absolutely no idea what they are doing and that they do not care one bit about their customers.  All I wanted when I went out and purchased a replacement printer last August is a product that would be as good if not better than the one I had that finally gave out after almost 8 years.    Silly me!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Most likely you need to do some maintenance here is a video on how to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dojyXDA4AJk 

Get HP ink at your doorstep! Click to learn more about HP Instant Ink: https://instantink.hpconnected.com/?jumpid=af_5yg8ksd6b3 Learn how to fix the HP OfficeJet Pro All-in-One 9010, 9020, 9010e, and 9020e series printer when it does not pick up paper. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction 00:15 Check the
HP Recommended

Thanks for trying to help.   The "solution" I should have done was never purchase an HP Product in the first place.   My "original" HP Printer lasted almost 8 years and then I replaced it last year.   The first HP started jamming immediately, the store replaced that one.  That one began jamming within one month and was replaced by HP.   The replacement starting jamming almost immediately as well until I had it about 2 months and even with HP's help the jam could not be fixed.   They just sent the replacement printer without a printhead and instructed me to use the one from the printer that was being replaced.   Of course the error stated that "you cannot switch printheads" even though I was instructed by HP to do just that.   So they decided to replace the printer they just sent me and will be sending another printhead under separate cover.   Both should be here by Wednesday at the latest.   Now the 6 Million Dollar question is whether the "new" printer and printhead will work or not.  Now I have an extended warranty with HP which I bought once I realized the products they were producing now are crap.   Frustrated does not even touch how I feel at this point.  I appreciate you trying to help to the question I posted BEFORE I realized that HP Support and HP have absolutely no idea what they are doing and that they do not care one bit about their customers.  All I wanted when I went out and purchased a replacement printer last August is a product that would be as good if not better than the one I had that finally gave out after almost 8 years.    Silly me!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.