Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Copy Cancelled - on both office jet printers in house - started today

Officejet Pro 8600 Premium & 6968
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer keeps cancelling a copy after printing 1".

I see from the forums that a semi full reset is needed, but that the instructions for doing this are sent via private message.

Could someone please send those to me as I need to get copier working.

Thanks in advance --

L

Addendum -- tried to make my copy on another HP officejet - a 6968 but it is doing thesame thing too - both started doing this today.  Was there a bad update or something?  Both run Windows 10.   

3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
31941 2319 7556
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

The copy function on both the printers you mention do not depend on the computer, the copies are done completely within the all-in-one.

What are you copying?  Will a plain text page copy?  Are there any error messages on the printer's screen?

HP printers do have circuitry to detect currency and some other documents and block copying.  I just verified this with an Officejet Pro 8600 - it copied the top 1" of the item and then spit it out without any error message or other indication of failure.  

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

lj_w Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Great question -- I was copy some cash donated for our non-profit to use for our deposit record - so I loved the currency comment.  Never thought of that.   No error messages of any kind.  Agree / assumed that the computer shouldn't be involved in the equation - but shutting off / unplugging both printers didn't fix it.  

Know they were both copying yesterday correctly.  I ended up shutting down both laptops and both printers.  Unplugged printers and rebooted all 4 pieces -- all work fine now - Somehow I had to restart the computers as well as the printers.  NOt clear why but I am up and running again.  And the currency copied fine after that. Thanks.   

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
31941 2319 7556
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

I think copies are OK if they are less than 75% size or greater than 150% less in size, see the regulations here for information.  I just checked and my 8600 would not make copies at 74% in either color or B&W.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation