Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600 Premium & 6968
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer keeps cancelling a copy after printing 1".

I see from the forums that a semi full reset is needed, but that the instructions for doing this are sent via private message.

Could someone please send those to me as I need to get copier working.

Thanks in advance --

L

Addendum -- tried to make my copy on another HP officejet - a 6968 but it is doing thesame thing too - both started doing this today.  Was there a bad update or something?  Both run Windows 10.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The copy function on both the printers you mention do not depend on the computer, the copies are done completely within the all-in-one.

What are you copying?  Will a plain text page copy?  Are there any error messages on the printer's screen?

HP printers do have circuitry to detect currency and some other documents and block copying.  I just verified this with an Officejet Pro 8600 - it copied the top 1" of the item and then spit it out without any error message or other indication of failure.  

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The copy function on both the printers you mention do not depend on the computer, the copies are done completely within the all-in-one.

What are you copying?  Will a plain text page copy?  Are there any error messages on the printer's screen?

HP printers do have circuitry to detect currency and some other documents and block copying.  I just verified this with an Officejet Pro 8600 - it copied the top 1" of the item and then spit it out without any error message or other indication of failure.  

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Great question -- I was copy some cash donated for our non-profit to use for our deposit record - so I loved the currency comment.  Never thought of that.   No error messages of any kind.  Agree / assumed that the computer shouldn't be involved in the equation - but shutting off / unplugging both printers didn't fix it.  

Know they were both copying yesterday correctly.  I ended up shutting down both laptops and both printers.  Unplugged printers and rebooted all 4 pieces -- all work fine now - Somehow I had to restart the computers as well as the printers.  NOt clear why but I am up and running again.  And the currency copied fine after that. Thanks.   

HP Recommended

I think copies are OK if they are less than 75% size or greater than 150% less in size, see the regulations here for information.  I just checked and my 8600 would not make copies at 74% in either color or B&W.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.