7 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Copy defaults on HP8620- how to change

HP LaserJet 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When the printer is turned on for the copy function, the automatically default is copying a 2 sided original to a 2 sided copy.  I would like for it to be a 1 sided originial copied to a 1 sided copy for the default.  I would also like to set the default to draft rather than normal.

I have tried going to the devices and printers, printer preferences and it is  changed to draft or economical printing and the single sided copies.  This works when using Word, Excel, printing emails, etc.  It does not work for the copy function.

I have manually changed the preference on the front, but the next time the printer is turned on, it wants to print 2 sided.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
30,360 25,908 2,372 7,960
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

From the front panel of the printer select Copy, Settings, make the changes you want, then scroll to page 4/4 using the down arrow and select Set as New Defaults.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

rhnorth Top Student
Top Student
7 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you so much!  I was missing the set as defaults.  I really appreciate your help. 

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
30,360 25,908 2,372 7,960
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I am glad I could help.  The "set as default" is a bit hard to find on the fourth page of the settings.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation