Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet HP 3520
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi everybody! With my 3520 inkjet I tried to copy a double sided label, but I wasn’t able to have perfectly coincident copies of both sides. I set the double side copy function, putting the first side on the right upper side of the scanner and the second one on the left upper side, but the result was a  vertical displacement of about 8 mm, so I tried to adjust manually the position of second scanning, but I think there has to be a more precise solution, because it’s very tricky to keep the original in the right position. Maybe my scanner is no more aligned, but how to correct it? I tried the alignment, but did not succeed or did not understand the operations. Any help is welcomed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found a solution of the alignment problem: I put the original label on the right upper corner of the scanner and copy it, then I turn it on the other side rotating 180° along the vertical side and I place it exactly 9 mm from the upper left border of the scanner and put the printed sheet on the printed side rotating it 180° left (the printed area is now on the left upper side facing the printer rollers). Now I copy again and the two printed faces are perfectly coincident. The distance of 9 mm is the difference between the scanner glass width and the paper width  I am using (A4). I'll try the same using the '2 sided copy', considering the glass width 'minus' 9 mm. I hope I explained clearly what I did.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @francic46

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

HP Deskjet 3520 e-All-in-One Printer does not support auto-duplex feature. You can only Duplex Manually, that is print one side then flip the paper over and print the other side.

You may copy manually by selecting 2 Sided from the copy duplex settings and then scan from the flatbed glass, you will be guided to reload the original with its other side while both sides will be printed automatically.

On the printer screen, go to Copy > Settings > 2 sided > On

Note: Make sure to select the correct paper size and paper type.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you; well, I made exactly what you suggest, activating the '2 sided' copy function and I put the original label exactly at the center of upper border and, for the second copy, I tried to put exactly the reverse side in the same position -maybe there was a displacement of 1 mm-, but I obtained a two sided copies with a misalignment of about 8 mm. I also put the original on the upper right side and then on the upper left side, of course turning the original on the other side, but the misalignment is still the same.

That's the reason for my help request!

HP Recommended

@francic46

Have you tried making a copy of a regular document on a US letter size paper and check if it misaligns?

Also, try printing a document and check if it works fine.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

When I make a copy of a document on an A4 paper (used here in Italy and generally in Europe), seemingly there's not such a misalignment, but maybe I did not notice it. Reading your replies, I have the suspect that the misalignment could be due to an imperfect charging of the sheet in the printer, displaced toward one side. But how could I correct it? 

HP Recommended

@francic46

What's the size and type of the media you are trying to print on? 

Please refer to the Printer Specifications page to check if the media is supported. If the media is supported, refer to this document for steps to load the media. 

Keep me posted. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am using A4 size paper 80 g/sqm weight since the very beginning of my printer usage. I loaded the sheets as requested, but I have always lacking of coincidence in the copies sides. What can be the reason of this problem, related to the kind and size of paper? Thank you

HP Recommended

I found a solution of the alignment problem: I put the original label on the right upper corner of the scanner and copy it, then I turn it on the other side rotating 180° along the vertical side and I place it exactly 9 mm from the upper left border of the scanner and put the printed sheet on the printed side rotating it 180° left (the printed area is now on the left upper side facing the printer rollers). Now I copy again and the two printed faces are perfectly coincident. The distance of 9 mm is the difference between the scanner glass width and the paper width  I am using (A4). I'll try the same using the '2 sided copy', considering the glass width 'minus' 9 mm. I hope I explained clearly what I did.

HP Recommended

@francic46

Glad to know that you found a solution and are able to make copies of the labels. I appreciate your efforts and patience to resolve this issue. It will also help other community members. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

If I'll have to replace my printer, which models of HP jet/laser can do automatically the copy of both sides of a document?  I think this function is called 'auto-duplex'. Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.