Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 6968
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Last week I changed my setting to envelope and ever since, I haven't been able to copy a legal size copy. It PRINTS just fine (correct size) but it doesn't copy the correct size. I've taken the paper feed out several times and reset it. I've powered off, taken the feed out, powered back on and reset it. Nothing. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Lets try restoring the COPY settings to default settings which should fix the issue.

On the printer display , touch on COPY  icon > and then "Copy Settings" >  and then "Restore Factory defaults" > "Save"

Now try making copy.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello, 

If you are placing the original ( legal size document ) on the flatbed it will not work, as the the flatbed does not support Legal Size. Instead you may have to place the Legal document on ADF ( top feeder) print side up.

Below is the link to printer specs document, refer to Scanning specification.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-6960-all-in-one-printer-series/8289579/model/1...

Regards,
Jabzi

HP Recommended

Thanks for taking the time.  I’m feeding my copies thru the feeder, not the flatbed and they are printing out small print; quarter page regardless of how many times I’ve changed the settings.  Again, this is just for copies.

HP Recommended

Hello, 

Lets try restoring the COPY settings to default settings which should fix the issue.

On the printer display , touch on COPY  icon > and then "Copy Settings" >  and then "Restore Factory defaults" > "Save"

Now try making copy.

Regards,
Jabzi

HP Recommended
Perfect! It worked! Thank you!
HP Recommended

I HAVE RESTORED SETTINGS TO FCTORY AND NO CHANGE

HP Recommended

I've restored settings to factory but no improvement . still can't copy

HP Recommended

@JOHN102010,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details and I would appreciate if you could, perhaps elaborate on your concern.

• What is the exact model for your computer?
  • What is the operating system you are using?
  • What is the exact issue you are facing?
  • What are the troubleshooting steps you have performed?

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.