CAconsumer
Level 1
5 3 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cover stock jams every time

HP 7510

I create collages of historical events and use Gold Metallic Cover Stock to create explanatory plaques. The first batch of JAM Stardream 110 lb. cover stock sailed right through, but the second batch jams every time in both my HP 7510 and my HP 8600 Pro Inkjet Printers.  There is a palpable difference in the thickness of the two batches with the second batch very thick by comparison.  I use "Cover Stock" and "Thick Paper" Settings on them.  JAM was of no help and Neenah Paper was superb, but in the end suggested contacting  HP.  That is nearly impossible, except for the community. Is there some way to accommodate the thicker paper or some way to determine how thick the paper can be before it jams?  

A second problem has arisen with the HP 7510 - it is printing at an angle on plain paper and most of the time the paper comes out wrinkled in the middle.  I had just bought a lot of printer cartridges for it as it is no longer being supported and I stocked up never anticipating a mechanical problem like this so soon, so I am reluctant to junk it for another brand of large format printer.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,261 23,217 1,945 3,070
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cover stock jams every time

@CAconsumer Welcome to HP Community!

As per your printer specifications the page type may not be supported: click here to verify

And that's the reason it seems to jam every time you attempt to print.

I suggest you check the printer paper-handling specifications and print using the supported paper type and size.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation