02-10-2020 01:43 PM
I recently created a card in publisher that is 6"x6" thinking I would be able to print it on my HP Officejet 2620. After figuring out how to add the driver for a custom printing option. It is not the case. I get all the way to add driver printer wizard and this message "HP Officejet 2620 Series Class Driver, x64, Type 4 - User Mode" pops up and I never get an option to add my own custom printing size. Is this because HP Officejet 2620 doesn't have the capability to print it in custom sizes? am I only restricted to what is preloaded for that printer? I would love some insight on this. Thanks for your help.
02-12-2020 02:55 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Update the printer firmware
Here are the steps:- Click here
Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Restart the PC again.
Download and install printer full feature driver
Click here to download the driver.
Follow the steps mentioned in this HP document to create custom size:- Click here
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee