Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format Printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi folks. Has anyone been able to create a custom paper size using the HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 print driver? Is there a different print driver that will communicate with the printer? Frustrating. Can't print anything custom size.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

follow these steps to create a custom paper size for your printer:

https://support.hp.com/lv-en/document/c03890386

Also be sure to open and close the paper tray and then click on Paper Size and select Custom.

Be aware that your pritner supports a custom size at the range of 76 - 297 mm wide and 127 - 420 mm long, any size not in the following range will not be listed on yoru printer driver.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

No.  I've been trying for six months.  HP refuses to help.  THey just keep sending the same "solution" over and over again, which does not work.  THey gave me a wrong number to call for support, and no one ever called back. I have a very big paperweight sitting in my office - completely useless.  I won't bother to buy an HP printer ever again.

HP Recommended

Just received word on my posting on this subject that HP released a firmware update in August that fixed it. I downloaded and installed the update, and now it works fine. Uses Tray 1 for the custom and tray 2 for  your regular paper.

HP Recommended

this not working, I still can't get this to show up on the printer's screen 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.