Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6968
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I installed a new cyan cartridge wrong and its contents leaked into my printer.  I've since replaced that cartridge but I've not been  able to get the test pages to print as they should since then.

I've cleaned the nozzles thru Levels 1, 2, & 3 and saved the diagnostic pages that print out after each cleaning.  The four color blocks printed in a horizontal row on the first and second of the printed pages all show a predominantly cyan image.  

On the last diagnostic page, the left-most block did not print at all, the other three look very much like they did on the first two pages.

Is there a waste ink reservoir somewhere in this printer that is overflowing with cyan and contaminating all the color print heads?

How do I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Gorfman,

Thank you for reaching out to the HP Support community!

There is no waste ink reservoir in the printer.

Let's try these:

Please remove all the ink cartridges and check inside the printer if there is an ink spill or leakage.

Try to wipe/clean them using a lint-free cloth.

Wipe around the nozzles of the ink cartridges and leave them to dry for about 20-30 minutes.

Re-install the ink cartridges.

Try to clean the print head again for 2-3 times.

Let me know what happens.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Gorfman,

Thank you for reaching out to the HP Support community!

There is no waste ink reservoir in the printer.

Let's try these:

Please remove all the ink cartridges and check inside the printer if there is an ink spill or leakage.

Try to wipe/clean them using a lint-free cloth.

Wipe around the nozzles of the ink cartridges and leave them to dry for about 20-30 minutes.

Re-install the ink cartridges.

Try to clean the print head again for 2-3 times.

Let me know what happens.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Gorfman

Happy to hear that. If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us. 

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.