Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
DJ 3777
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have successfully set up the DJ 3777 on my network via WiFi. I can print from my Laptop and my phone, no problem.

My question is, can I print from my desktop that has no WiFi, but is connected to the same network via LAN?

When installing the drivers on my desktop, the HP assistant keeps asking me to connect either via WiFi or connect the printer to my computer using a USB cable (which I don't want).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

You should be able to printer from the PC using Lan provided that the printer and PC is on the same network.

You will need to install the FULL feature software on the Lan connected PC.  Select Wireless for connectivity and it should find the printer (since it's on the same network).

Complete the install and the lan connected PC should be able to print to the printer.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

You should be able to printer from the PC using Lan provided that the printer and PC is on the same network.

You will need to install the FULL feature software on the Lan connected PC.  Select Wireless for connectivity and it should find the printer (since it's on the same network).

Complete the install and the lan connected PC should be able to print to the printer.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.