Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NumberKid
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

DJ2632 seems to need colour cartidge for initial setup even though it supports single cartridge mode

Deskjet 2632
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have just receommended a friend to replace another make of printer with HP because of support for single cartridge mode (he prints exclusively in mono).

Deskjet 2632 manual says some printers may be delivered with only a single cartridge.

After setting up the printer for him, it refused to print (Windows print queue showed printer as "needs attention", or similar, and HP Smart said the problem was alignment/cleaning) until I had actually inserted the colour cartridge and done a head alignment. It then worked fine even after removing the colour cartridge again.

I'm sure it should not really work this way - I've a Deskjet 1510 that has never had a colour cartridge installed.

Does anybody know if I'm missing something?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,546 11,537 559 600
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

DJ2632 seems to need colour cartidge for initial setup even though it supports single cartridge mode

@NumberKid

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers to your technical queries.

As this is a new printer, the printer should be aligned using both Black and the color cartridge for the alignment to get get the best print quality.

Once the initial setup is done the printer can work with the Single cartridge mode

Using a single cartridge mode

Use the single cartridge mode to operate the printer with only one cartridge. The single cartridge mode is initiated when one of the following occurs.

● There is only one cartridge installed in the carriage.

● A cartridge is removed from the carriage if there are two cartridges installed previously.

NOTE: If the printer enters the single cartridge mode when two cartridges are installed in the printer, verify that the protective piece of plastic tape has been removed from each cartridge. When the plastic tape covers the cartridge contacts, the printer cannot detect that the cartridge is installed. If there is no plastic tape on the cartridges, try cleaning the cartridge contacts. For information about cleaning cartridge contacts.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation