Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Used the CleanPrinter tool this morning after poor print quality and had a beautiful print out of Diagnostic.  The printer, however, thereafter refuses all commands to print my Word documents.  I have updated the Printer and Windows drivers, the printer troubleshooter reports no problem, I have uninstalled and re-installed the printer, and the printer shows up as "Ready" when I go to print a Word document but the screen then flashes a message ") pages completed" when I hit the print button.  When I tried installing the Printer software again, I got the "Installation Failed" message because "acaller of DriverPackageInstall must be a member of the Administrators group to install a driver package" so I changed my status to Administrator though it is my own laptop and further attempts to instal also failed for the same reason given.  I have checked out with a Microsoft Remote Assist technician who went through the various processes and said that everything seemed in order from their end and surmised it must be a question of functionality with the printer.  The HP Virtual Agent stepped me through every possible scenario.  I have unplugged and replugged the printer and no error light is flashing.  Is there anything left to try?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@RobMacN, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I would suggest you try the Windows built-in drivers. Follow the steps below:

•    Go to Control Panel - Devices and Printers - Click on "Add printer" and follow the on-screen instructions.

•    When the page prompts for the drivers, select "Windows update". The driver list will be updated.

•    Click HP, Hewlett Packard, or Hewlett-Packard in the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers pane.

Refer to this document HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver for help

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi TEJ1602, thanks for coming to my help.  I had gone through the various Windows and HP drivers scenarios, but I still couldn't get past the HP problem of not being recognised as administrator of my own laptop though I had specifically made myself administrator.  I finally solved the problem, however, my using System Restore to set me back before my problems began.  Thank you very much for your time and effort.

Robert

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.