Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 7612 Wide Format e-all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I try to scan a document from the printer's touch screen , it saves in my C:\Users\..\OneDrive folder. That folder opens in a new window with the file highlighted. There is no save prompt or anything like that. This will not work for me. This is with an HP Officejet 7612 printer on Windows 10(64, most recent version). The printer is attached to the computer directly via USB.

Already attempted:

-Could not locate any relevant options in HP Smart app or the HP software which was downloaded from that printer's drivers page. The latter application appears to be generic and dated looking, is it what I need? 

-Went to Windows Control Panel Devices and Printers, right click "Scanner Properties". The only software which could be selected to launch upon any of the scan actions was "OJ7612...." and that does absolutely nothing.

How do I change where that file saves?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Open the HP Officejet Pro 7610 software icon and click on Scan a Document or Photo.

Select the same scan shortcut as used to scan from the printer front panel and click on Advanced Settings.

Within the Destination tab, change the save location to the required folder.

You may also check the Show Save As dialog box below so after any scan a Save As dialog will launch so the target folder can be changed.

Press OK and complete the scan from the software, once completing the scan the settings will remain and affect future scan jobs from the software or the printer front panel too.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.