Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 22 Tri-Color Inkjet Cartridge
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I purchased a replacement HP ink cartridge at Walmart.  The cartridge is defective.  There was no problem with previous cartridge: there is no problem with subsequent cartridge.  Ran through all the troubleshooting suggestions. 

Walmart will not accept open cartridges for return/replacement but require contacting manufacturer.   The HP website contact page does not allow for an inkjet cartridge option. 

The cartridge was purchased April 17, 2020 - warranty date on cartridge is 2021/10/06

I would greatly appreciate some assistance with  either a refund or replacement.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@MGWeir Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the ink cartridge is effective, needs a replacement.

In that case, I would suggest you contact our phone support and get a replacement ink cartridge.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I have not found that link helpful. 

I tried the "product, service, or app" option (since it is not the printer which continues to work fine both before and after this defective cartridge).  I attempted partial and complete information from the cartridge (C9352 AN option 140; PET-GF15, PUR; 2690519470124960; Tri-Color; HP22).  Nothing was recognized/accepted.  The expiration date on the cartridge is 2021/10/06.

I  tried to go through the printer option ([edit], Product Q7313A).  Since the printer is outside the manufacturer warranty , it only gives the option to "Visit the HP Support Community" on one side and the expired warranty information on the other side.  Even when I click on "See details" on the expired warranty and choose the contact support option, it sends me right back to the initial link.

I never thought that the limited warranty for an ink cartridge would be invalidated if the printer is out of warranty - especially when it works fine both before and after this one cartridge.   I had hoped to get this resolved with a chat option.  Unfortunately, it seems there is no option to resolve this defective cartridge at all. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.