Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

@LoisCA

Based on your comments I am going to re escalate your concerns

for further review and follow up.  

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I just got another email from HP. This one says my case is closed. So much for escalation.

In case anyone with authority reads this post and realizes how absurd this entire process has been: Don't even try calling me. You already have all my info, several times over. Send me a replacement cartridge or coupon, or never darken my inbox again.

I went to Staples today to buy a new cartridge. While I was there, I started looking for a new printer -- any brand but HP.

HP Recommended

Update:

I received a private message from an Executive Escalations Social Media Ambassador. He asked for "additional information," which he said he would forward to his colleagues once he gets my response. I had previously provided all requested information multiple times, with the exception of the country location and the forum name, both of which they already know.

However, I answered the questions again. Their assumption is that my complaint is about a printer, not a cartridge, so I once again provided information about both. I asked them not to contact me again except to provide a replacement cartridge, a coupon for purchase, or some other form of compensation.

Thanks again for your help.

HP Recommended

Update: After a couple more messages back and forth, HP offered to send a coupon to compensate for the replacement cartridge. For the record, this has taken over two weeks to resolve, and was resolved only with the ongoing help of @Bob_Headrick. Thanks again, Bob.

HP Recommended

I am glad I could help and your issue is (finally) resolved. 

I am sorry this was such an ordeal, I have been trying for some time to get the process fixed.  Unfortunately I do not have much leverage these days, other than to make cases like yours visible to HP management and suggest there has to be a better way.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.