Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I would like to know how to delete computers from the "scan to computer" menu on my OfficeJet 8630. Some of the computers on our network don't exist anymore, but they still appear on the 8630 display menu when you are selecting the computer to send a scan to.

Thanks,

Rex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Rex63,

Unfortunately, I can see no way to delete these former connections from the printer menu.

However, it appears that turning off the printer, and turning it back on removes network printers from the scan list if they are not connected to the network.

It sounds like you might work in an office environment where the printer is always on, so a basic reset might do it.

If that doesn't work, you can also try a "hard reset," in which the printer is turned off and unplugged for 60 seconds.

Finally, a firmware update was released for the OJ Pro 8630 on 5/11/2016. If your printer does not have the auto-update function turned on, you can try updating the firmware. You can find firmware update instructions here.

I hope one of these solutions helps!

TheCurmudgeon
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

It can be done. But you need setup the printer and add printer in software again.

Here is the steps

On the printer, go to Setup --> Tools --> Restore Factory Defaults (you will have to setup your wireless connection again - step 3)

2. Turn Off the printer

3. Turn On the printer and setup wireless settings

4. Open up the HP Officejet Pro 8630 application (from Start menu --> All Programs --> HP --> HP Officejet Pro 8630 --> HP Officejet Pro 8630

5. Double-click "Scanner Actions"

6. Double-click "Manage Scan to Computer"

7. Click "Enable" to allow Scan to Computer and you may also click on the checkbox - Automatically start Scan to Computer when I log on to Windows
8. On the printer, go to Scan --> Computer

9. Verify the old computer name is gone

Hope it will help.

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the bottom to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

HP Recommended

Hi,

It can be done. But you need setup the printer and add printer in software again.

Here is the steps

On the printer, go to Setup -> Tools - Restore Factory Defaults (you will have to setup your wireless connection again - step 3)

2. Turn Off the printer

3. Turn On the printer and setup wireless settings

4. Open up the HP Officejet Pro 8630 application (from Start menu > All Programs - HP -HP Officejet Pro 8630 -HP Officejet Pro 8630

5. Double-click "Scanner Actions"

6. Double-click "Manage Scan to Computer"

7. Click "Enable" to allow Scan to Computer and you may also click on the checkbox - Automatically start Scan to Computer when I log on to Windows
8. On the printer, go to Scan - Computer

9. Verify the old computer name is gone

Hope it will help.

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the bottom to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

HP Recommended

Hi Rex63,

Unfortunately, I can see no way to delete these former connections from the printer menu.

However, it appears that turning off the printer, and turning it back on removes network printers from the scan list if they are not connected to the network.

It sounds like you might work in an office environment where the printer is always on, so a basic reset might do it.

If that doesn't work, you can also try a "hard reset," in which the printer is turned off and unplugged for 60 seconds.

Finally, a firmware update was released for the OJ Pro 8630 on 5/11/2016. If your printer does not have the auto-update function turned on, you can try updating the firmware. You can find firmware update instructions here.

I hope one of these solutions helps!

TheCurmudgeon
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi there,

Many thanks for your help. I did a "hard reboot" and it cleared the obsolete computer names.

Cheers,

Rex

HP Recommended

Hi there,

Many thanks for your help. I did a "hard reboot" as suggested and this successfully cleared the obsolete computer names.

Cheers,

Rex

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.