Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3565
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I make my desk jet always available to my iPad on my home network. I don't have this problem with my desktop computer. In fact, I can alternate between the Internet and printer all the time from my desktop unit.

Thanx folks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@hdkjr,

Thanks for engaging in the HP community. Fabulous description and splendid diagnosis of the issue. It is amply appreciated.

Let me gather some information for better clarity to assist you correctly:

• Did you try connecting with HP Smartapp?
  • Did this occur after a recent software or OS update?

I will be providing a roadmap with some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. Let us try these steps:

This should nail it for you.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I'm bad .. s/b HP Envy5660 combo printer. Doesn't really have effect on my problem though.

hdkjr

HP Recommended

@hdkjr,

Thanks for engaging in the HP community. Fabulous description and splendid diagnosis of the issue. It is amply appreciated.

Let me gather some information for better clarity to assist you correctly:

• Did you try connecting with HP Smartapp?
  • Did this occur after a recent software or OS update?

I will be providing a roadmap with some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. Let us try these steps:

This should nail it for you.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@hdkjr,

It has been a fabulous experience working with you. 🙂 I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution.  

I hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.  

Please take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@DavidSMP

wrote:

David responded promptly and in a professional manner. That is why I have been buying HP printers for the last 25 years.

Man, has it been that long  🙂

It has been a fabulous experience working with you. 🙂 I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution.  

I hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.  

Please take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.