Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 8200, HP 8300 and HP dc5800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have 3 HP computers a HP 8300 Elite USDT, HP 8200 Elite USDT and a HP dc5800 Micro Tower
all connected to one monitor through a trendNet TK407K 4 Port KVMswitcther. All computers run Windows
10 Pro 64 Bit.

I have two HP Printers a HP Deskjet 2622 and a HP DeskJet 3752 all in one.

Either printer works when connected to a computer using the HP Smart App when connected to one computer
by a USB cable. But the other two Computers will not connect to the printers even if they are online.

I am using Hughes Net Satalite Internet through a Hughes Modem HT1100 connected to a LinkSys
EA6500 Router by an ethernet cable. All computers connect by ethernet to the same router.

I was able to find a USB control center (Cosetup) for the LinkSys Router that allowed me to connect
to a USB Port on the Modem. I can now print from all three Desktop computers to the HP DeskJet 2622 Printer
one computer at a time. The problem is that the Smart App will not work with this set up and I can not
bring that printer online for instant ink or for use by my iPads and iPhones for my wife and I. I also can
not tell when the printer is low on Ink.

I read some place online that a gentleman was having the same problem and had to install a USB bluetooth
transmitter/Receiver on each of his desktops to reach the printer when it was online.

What am I doing wrong. Are the printers internet or BlueTooth when receiving and transmitting.

The HP3752 Printer is connected by USB to my HP dc5800 MicroTower, which is used mainly for backup, and is
online to that computer and shows up in the Device Tray and also available to the iPads and iPhones but not to
the other two desktop computers.

Regards, Jack

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please clarify if I am fully clear with your description, are the HP printers connected with a USB cable to your router? A such will not allow the printer to access the internet for HP instant Ink and will not allow any other functionality than printing, a USB port of a router (aka Print Server) only offers print sharing.

Are the printers connected to your wireless network? To gain full capabilities with multiple computers, the printer needs to be connected to the network, as both printers doesn’t offer any Ethernet connectivity, this must be done wirelessly

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

To answer your question (To Clarify) The DeskJet 2622 is connected to the Router USB Port using as stated the USB control Center which was furnished by Cisco/LinkSys.  As such HP Smart can not find the Deskjet 2622 Using HP Smart and I can not put it online at Present.  At one time I had it connected by USB to the 8200 and online, but the other two computers could not connect to it by Wi Fi from the router.

Now the 3752 is connected by USB to the dc5800 using HP Smart and is also on line, but neither the 8200 or 8300 can find or use it.  The iPads and iPhones can connect to it.  The other two desk tops can not.  That was why I asked the QUESTION are the DeskJets transmitting and receiving in Wi Fi format or in Bluetooth which is on in all of the Apple Devices.  If it is Wi Fi then why can the Printers not connect to the 3 desktops through the Wi Fi from the Router.

Jack

HP Recommended

To answer your Question All three Desktops are connected to the router by Ethernet cables to the EA6500 LinkSys Router.

The DeskJet 2622 is connected to the Router USB Port using as stated the USB control Center which was furnished by Cisco/LinkSys.  As such HP Smart can not find the Deskjet 2622 Using HP Smart and I can not put it online at Present.  At one time I had it connected by USB to the 8200 and online, but the other two computers could not connect to it by Wi Fi from the router and when I would disconnect the USB cable none of the desktops could find it with HP Smart. The iPads and iPhones could connect to it.

Now the 3752 is connected by USB to the dc5800 using HP Smart and is also on line, but neither the 8200 or 8300 can find or use it.  The iPads and iPhones can connect to it.  The other two desk tops can not.  That was why I asked the QUESTION are the DeskJets transmitting and receiving in Wi Fi format or in Bluetooth which is on in all of the Apple Devices.  If the Printers are Wi Fi then why can the Printers not connect to the 3 desktops through the Wi Fi from the Router.

Jack

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.