Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
K4U01B
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

during the setting up of my deskjet 3637  I have set a very strong long password.
Immediately afterwards I could no longer login to the Integrated Web Service.

I tried to reset the printer to factory defaults.

Until now I'm not able to reset the admin password.

Is there a way I can reset the admin password for the Integrated Web Service?

I'm waiting for a reply.
Thanks in advance!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@degrotebozewolf,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to reset the admin password.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you restore the network defaults on the printer and check if it helps.

Here is how it is done.

● Press the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for five seconds.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette,

as you recommended I have reset the network defaults on the printer.
I followed your instructions: "Press the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for five seconds."

Result:
I'm (still) able to view the Embedded Web Server of the printer.
The Embedded Web Server of the printer is available via the default IP address (192.168.223.1)

On the Embedded Web Server, various features still indicate "This feature has been locked by the administrator."

It didn't help. I still can't log in as administrator.

I appreciate your help.

HP Recommended

Hi @degrotebozewolf

Appreciate you trying the steps. 

I have sent you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Asmita6658,

I followed the instructions in the private message to reset the printer. 
The printer printed a "Printer Status Report".

In the printer status report is stated at 'Connectivity Settings'  18. "Admin Password: Not set"

On the Embedded Web Server, various features still indicate "This feature has been locked by the administrator."

(see the login window at the screenshot)

It didn't help. I still can't log in as administrator.
I appreciate your help.

screenshot.png

HP Recommended

@degrotebozewolf

Thanks for replying. I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding this, they should be able to help. 

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The options on the website are:
- "Contact your nearest HP Service center"
- "Visit the HP Support Community"

So I contacted my nearest HP Service center.
They referred to the "HP Support Community".
Now i'm back here again.

Please help me and provide me a way to reset/erase the password of HP DeskJet 3637 Embedded Web Server.

I just wanted to secure my printer. So I typed in a strong password.
35 chars (numeric, alfanumeric, capitals and special chars).
The EWS didn't report any error (eg. password length, forbidden chars etc.)
Immediately afterwards I could no longer log in.
I think the only other option left is to dispose this HP printer and buy a new printer.

screenshot.png
HP Recommended

@degrotebozewolf

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hallo @Asmita,

I want to send you the information you requested.

Unfortunately the forum websites notifies: "You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later."

Are there other options to send you the information?

HP Recommended

@degrotebozewolf,

Please try again and you should be able to send the private message.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.