Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet GT 5820 All-in-One series
Other

My HP DeskJet GT 5820 All-in-One series printer in not printing after moving it on my car. Before moving the printer I checked the ink valve was locked but still dou the ink spilled a little bit (some drops only were detected). The leakeage appeared at the bottom of the printer right below the joint between the ink tank and the main printer body. After letting the ink to dry I ran the "HP Print and Scan Doctor 5.3" utility with no positive results. I also perfomed the "Clean Ink Cartridges" and also the "Align Ink Cartridges" procedure with no positivie results. After this the printer stoped printingat all, neither the test pages. Could anyone please advise?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@EfrenLop Greetings from the HP Community!

Go to Removing Ink Stains from Hands and Fabric for instructions to safely clean up an ink spill.

That said, here are a few things you need to do to refill the ink:

Refill the ink in one or more ink tanks when ink is low or empty.

NOTE: 

Be aware of the following when working with ink bottles:

• Keep the ink bottles beyond the reach of children.

• Open the ink bottle only when you are filling the ink tanks.

• Store the ink bottles upright in a cool, dry place.

1. Open the ink tank lid.

Figure : Opening the ink tank lid

Image: Open lid
  2. Remove the plug from the ink tank you are refilling.

CAUTION: 

There might be ink on the underside of the plug. Place the plug upright to avoid ink transfer.

Figure : Removing the ink tank plug

Image: Remove the tank plug
  3. Remove the cap from the ink bottle, pull the seal tab off, replace the cap, and then flip open the lid.

Figure : Preparing the bottle

Image: Remove the cap and seal
  4. Hold the ink bottle on the tank spout, gently push down, and then let the ink drain into the ink tank. Fill the ink tank to just below the maximum fill line on the tank.

If the bottle does not start draining, remove and reinsert the bottle onto the tank spout. Do not squeeze the bottle.

Figure : Example of filling the ink tank

Image: Drain ink
       CAUTION: 

Do not squeeze the bottle, and do not overfill the ink tank.

5. After the ink tank is filled, pull the ink bottle straight up.

Close the ink bottle lid, set the bottle upright, and then push the ink tank plug into its slot on the ink tank.

Figure : Example of replacing the ink tank plug

Image: Replace the plug
  6. Make sure the ink tank plugs are pressed firmly into place.

Figure : Making sure the ink tank plugs are secure

Image: Ink tank plugs secure
  7. Repeat the previous steps to fill any other low or empty ink tanks.

CAUTION: 

Store any bottle with remaining ink in a cool, dry place for later use.

8. Close the ink tank lid.

Figure : Closing the ink tank lid

Image: Close the ink tank lid

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.