Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
DeskJet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows XP

I've been having issues with operating the Officejet Pro 8610 in Windows XP. Whenever I try to print a test page, I just get a generic error that asks me to start the troubleshooter, which does absolutely nothing. It does not give me an error of any sorts. I've chekced the error log and it is telling me that it's the printer driver. I've re-installed the printer using different drivers and nothing seems to work.

The same issue occurs if I install the printer on a server and try to print from XP. I am going to rebuild the machine, but I am not sure if that will work either. Is there a work around, I really don't want to have to rebuild every XP machine whenever we get a HP printer.

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I've figured it out. I think the driver that HP has on their site just doesn't work with XP anymore. I used an older CD for a HP 8600 series printer and that seems to have done the trick. Thanks for all your help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @MirzaS,

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I read your post on how you cannot install your HP Officejet pro 8610 printer, on Windows XP. And, I am happy to help! 

What version of Windows XP are you using? https://www.whatsmyos.com.

According to this printer's specifications, it states you must have the following system requirements:

Component
Windows XP (32-bit) Service Pack 3

Minimum system requirement
Intel Pentium II or Celeron or compatible processor; 233 MHz

Recommended system requirement Processor
Intel Pentium III or higher processor

If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on Accept as Solution on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Once I know this information, I will do some further research for you! 

Hope to hear from you soon! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

It is Windows XP 32 bit with Service Pack 3

Intel Dual Core Processor

I've been looking around at posts and haven't found anything helpful. I don't know if the Windows driver store is corrupt either. I've tried to use different drivers and always get the same result.

HP Recommended

Hi MirzaS,

Thank you for answering my question! 🙂

Have you tried using our HP Print and Scan Doctor? If not, I would highly recommend it, and let me know what happens! 

If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on Accept as Solution on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Hope this will help! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

I've figured it out. I think the driver that HP has on their site just doesn't work with XP anymore. I used an older CD for a HP 8600 series printer and that seems to have done the trick. Thanks for all your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.