Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2132
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had a issue with the 3.0 USB , but used a adapter to finally get it to not give the 3.0 USB error  , but i can print the heading/header of pages , like my Progressive Insurance Proof shows the car , and it says Progressive  , but none of the text shows   , i just tried printing a motorcycle suspension tech page  , and it showed the headers , but none of the text shows up  , it does not even look like it tried to print it  , it just does the headers , and spits out the page , and does not give any error saying there was a issue with the print process

I am totally stumped , and don't know if i should just scrap this printer and buy a new one  , or what  , as i don't print that often (once every few months or so) , but when i need it , it would be nice if it actually worked   , i can print images with no issue  , its just text/sentances , etc. that seem to be not showing up at all    ,   , on a side note  , i can hook it up to my Windows 7 PC and it will print fine  , it just seems to be with Windows 10 that it has this issue  , both Windows are Pro  , so 7 Pro 64 bit  and 10 Pro 64 bit , and it does not do this on 7 , but my 10 is my main PC , as its faster , so i would rather it work on it as well  , it took reading several posts on this printer to where i found the suggestion to use a USB port adapter (its a USB plug with a short cable and its attached to 4 USB plugs , i guess it converts it back to 2.0 or something so the error stops and the printer works)   , ....except for the fact that it won't actually print even though it does print part of what i printed   , just without the important text 

Any Ideas ???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

• Have you reinstalled the printer drivers?
  • Does the copier work fine?
  • Did you print a test page, does that work without these issues?
  • Did you update the printer drivers from the HP website

Thank you for your quick reply .....

1) Yes i reinstalled drivers , same issue

2) The copy part does the same thing  , it will copy items like the Test Page colored blocks  , but no text  , if i use the "color" button instead of "black" when i try to copy text , i at least get some text but its barely legible or visible , also if i try to use "Scan" all it shows is a blank item as well  , like it does not see the item i am scanning , even though i see the light bar go across like it is scanning  , it just does not show anything in the preview but a blank page  , so this is real confusing  , as i would have thought at least the "Scan To PC" would have worked

3) Test page only shows coloredgrids on top , then a blue purple and lime green rectangle a little below , then in about the middle it has a blue/purple/green horizontal rectangle then it fades into the same colors but fine lines and much lighter  , that is ALL that shows on the "Test Page" 

4) I went to HP thru the Desktop Icon , and went to "Update Drivers"  , it said drivers were up to date

I am going to go to Wal-Mart tomorrow and get new cartridges  , even though they show slightly over half full  , its like there is no color (black or color) getting thru  , i even tried cleaning them with Alcohol  and it did not change how it looks   , basically its like the ink is not getting to the paper  , i tried a "Clean Printer Heads" and the "Second Cleaning"  , still no change   , also the only way i can get it to print or do anything is to use a USB hub (a little USB plug that is attached to a block of 4 USB plug-ins) , this seems to stop the "can't work with USB 3.0" error  , which i do not understand why a Patch or Update has not been made to remedy this issue with Windows 10  , as i do not have any of these issues with it on my Windows 7 PC , which is real confusing   .... I will get the ink cartridges tomorrow and report back with results ......

If you think i am wasting my time and money buying new cartridges and think i should just scrap this printer and buy something newer and more compatable with Windows 10  , then hopefully you can let me know tonight before i go tomorrow mid day to get the ink cartridge ...... Thanks .... Jim .....

Edit/Update:

I installed the new Ik Cartridge even though my old one was over half full , and it seems to be printing now  , so for some reason the cartridge went bad , but this seems to have fixed the issue for now 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JimDirt

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers & meet like minded tech enthusiasts! 

As I understand the device isn't printing text but works with images,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Press "Windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window.

Type "services.msc" to get Services - Go to "Print spooler" - Right-click and "Stop" the service.

Now again open "Run" - Type "spool" and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.

Go to services again - Start the print spooler.

Now check for issue resolution.

If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:

First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.

Go to Control panel - Programs and feature - Select all the HP printer entries and uninstall them.

Now go to Control panel - Devices and printer - Select all the printer entries and remove the device.

Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.

Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.

Again, go to the Run window, type - "c:/programdata" - Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

Restart your computer.

Then, use this link to access the HP website, find the drivers compatible with your windows and install it: Click here

Keep me posted,

For I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, if you don't get back to us 😉 

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your quick reply .....

1) Yes i reinstalled drivers , same issue

2) The copy part does the same thing  , it will copy items like the Test Page colored blocks  , but no text  , if i use the "color" button instead of "black" when i try to copy text , i at least get some text but its barely legible or visible , also if i try to use "Scan" all it shows is a blank item as well  , like it does not see the item i am scanning , even though i see the light bar go across like it is scanning  , it just does not show anything in the preview but a blank page  , so this is real confusing  , as i would have thought at least the "Scan To PC" would have worked

3) Test page only shows coloredgrids on top , then a blue purple and lime green rectangle a little below , then in about the middle it has a blue/purple/green horizontal rectangle then it fades into the same colors but fine lines and much lighter  , that is ALL that shows on the "Test Page" 

4) I went to HP thru the Desktop Icon , and went to "Update Drivers"  , it said drivers were up to date

I am going to go to Wal-Mart tomorrow and get new cartridges  , even though they show slightly over half full  , its like there is no color (black or color) getting thru  , i even tried cleaning them with Alcohol  and it did not change how it looks   , basically its like the ink is not getting to the paper  , i tried a "Clean Printer Heads" and the "Second Cleaning"  , still no change   , also the only way i can get it to print or do anything is to use a USB hub (a little USB plug that is attached to a block of 4 USB plug-ins) , this seems to stop the "can't work with USB 3.0" error  , which i do not understand why a Patch or Update has not been made to remedy this issue with Windows 10  , as i do not have any of these issues with it on my Windows 7 PC , which is real confusing   .... I will get the ink cartridges tomorrow and report back with results ......

If you think i am wasting my time and money buying new cartridges and think i should just scrap this printer and buy something newer and more compatable with Windows 10  , then hopefully you can let me know tonight before i go tomorrow mid day to get the ink cartridge ...... Thanks .... Jim .....

Edit/Update:

I installed the new Ik Cartridge even though my old one was over half full , and it seems to be printing now  , so for some reason the cartridge went bad , but this seems to have fixed the issue for now 

HP Recommended

@JimDirt

Thank you for responding,

This is the Riddle_Decipher, again!

It's great to have you back 😉

I understand your concern, however, before you make any conclusions, I recommend you update the printer firmware and then check with an alternate cartridge as it should work.

That said, if none of the above works, check this:
I'm sending out a Private message with the information you need to get this sorted,

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile 

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it 

The reason we are utilizing the private message now, is because the instructions are critical

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.