Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2510 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have HP Deskjet 2510 printer series and I couldn't open its software on my computer. It usually open especially, when I scan papers and I can customize the scanner options through this app. But when I click its icon on my computer, it doen't open all of sudden from yesterday. So I deleted it and reinstalled again and again but no luck.

Would you advse me how to solve this issue?

Thanks,

Elijah Kang  

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@elijahh21

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

You may run the HP Print and Scan Doctor using this document and let me know if any error comes up.

Also, how is the Printer and the Computer connected?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Thank you for your message. 

Yes, I have done with HP Printer and Scan docotor program. I don't think there is an issue for printing and scanning and no issue on connection. My only problem is that I can't open or launch the  printer control pannel app on my desktop folder. It is supposed to be open or launched when I double click the icon on my computer. But it doesn't. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program/software and update the driver couple of times but no luck so far. 

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@elijahh21

It looks like you were interacting with @Sujo, but he is out for the day. I'm KrazyToad & I'm at your service. 

I suggest you uninstall the printer from Root Level and download the Full Feature Software once again

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 
2.) Select your HP Printer 
3.) Select Uninstall 
4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 
5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 
6.) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”) 
8.) Click on the “Drivers” tab 
9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 
10.) Select Ok 
11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 
12.) Close Devices and Printers
13.) Restart the computer and download the Full Feature Software from Here and follow the onscreen Instructions

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for email. I have followed your instruction. However, I couldn't find HP printer and driver at Drivers & Printers and Drivers Tab after uninstalling exisitng printer app. So I restarted the computer and reinstall the full feature software on it. The problem is not resolved. 

For your info, my computer is windows 10, and today, I have system resotred to earler date but the issue is still there.

Thanks.

Elijah

HP Recommended

@elijahh21

Thanks for keeping

I suggest you uninstall the printer driver once again, create a new User Account, Log into the new User Account ( with Admin Rights ) and then download the Full Feature Software.

Try scanning and let me know if the issue persists

• Select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Accounts  > Family & other users > Add someone else to this PC. (Depending on your edition of Windows 10, you may see Other users instead of Family & other users.)

• At the bottom of the page, select I don’t have this person’s sign-in information, and at the bottom of the next page, select Add a user without a Microsoft account.
    • Enter a user name, password, password hint, and then select NextNote: If you’re using Windows 10, version 1803 and later, you can add security questions—instead of a hint—to your local account to help you reset your password in case you forget it. 

• To make the new account an administrator account, select Start  > Settings  > Accounts  > Family & other users (or Other users, if you're using Windows 10 Enterprise), and select Change account type. Under Account type, select Administrator > OK. Restart your device and sign in with the new administrator account. 

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a great day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello again,

Thank you for email me again. 

I have exactly followed your direction. However, when I click a new icon on my new account, it still can't launch. It is frstrating but I hope it should be figured figurout soon. 

Thank you for your support.

Elijah 

HP Recommended

@elijahh21

Thanks for keeping me posted

'It could be an issue with the Windows. I suggest you uninstall the printer driver from Root level again. Restart the computer and run the System File Checker. Then download the Full Feature software again

Please refer to this Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker for help with the System File Checker

If the issue persists, you might have to reload the Windows OS

Alternately you can try the HP Smart App or the HP Scan & Capture. Please refer to these Links

HP Smart App: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675142

HP Scan And Capture: https://support.hp.com/emea_africa-en/document/c04675206

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.