Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2600 Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer is printing on 1/4 of the page instead of full page. Did a uninstall and a fresh installation. Worked for 5 prints! then it´s back again to print  1/4 of a page. Cartiges almost empty after all testing . Realy pissed on this printer now!!  

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @Nebrer

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Apologies for the inconvenience. I'd be happy to assist you.

• Which application are you trying to print from?
  • Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word or Webpages and check if the issue persists?

Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue

Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.

If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

Install the printer using Windows built-in driver

Refer to this document to know how.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Everything ( even HP´s testprogram ) prints just 1/4 of a page. Printer connected with WIFI. Have tryed  HP Print and Scan Doctor, says no problem. Cant understand how to install it with windows drivers. The Device Installation Settings window is selected the Yes option.  Dont get the "select printer with manual settings"!!

HP Recommended

@Nebrer Here's what I suggest we do to identify and resolve the issue:

Use HP Printer Assistant to print a Print Quality Diagnostic page in Windows.

1. Load plain paper into the input tray.

2. Search Windows for your printer model name, and then click the printer name in the list of results.

HP Printer Assistant opens.

3. Click Print & Scan, and then click Maintain Your Printer.

The printer toolbox opens.

4. On the Device Services tab, click Print Quality Diagnostics Page.

A Print Quality Diagnostic page prints.

Figure : Print Quality Diagnostic page without defects

Example of a Print Quality Diagnostic page without defects

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 9 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Did you accually read my last post?? I was writing that even the HP  Printer Assistant does print 1/4 of a page!!!! So I can´t print a complete page!!!!! Sorry if I´m rude, but Im sooo frustrated and probably lost a lot of ink trying.

Rickard

HP Recommended

@Nebrer I suggest you CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 9 ONWARD to resolve the issue,

And yes, I did read your post, try the steps suggested above and it should be okay.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok so you want me to go ahead to step 9 on that page?  Step 9 Examine the color blocks for defects? Thay are fine. Step 10 Clean the ink cartridges. Thay are new and prints fine but just 1/4 of a page. Step 11. Cant do that test as the printer just prints 1/4 of a page and you cant see the lines and the green color block. Step 12 Done. Still just prints 1/4 of a page. Step 13 No need for that. Step 14 Done that. Step 15 Done that. Still have the result below.hp.jpg

HP Recommended

@Nebrer, thank you for your patience and time. I'm afraid this seems like a hardware issue with the printer as even the test pages do not print well. 

Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your computer.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

If the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Restarted computer and printer several times. Did success to print 2 complete pages but the third one was just as before.  Just 1/4 of a page.

HP Recommended

@Nebrer, that's unfortunate. I'm afraid this seems like a hardware issue. Kindly contact the HP Support team as mentioned in my previous post for service options.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.