Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2600 All in One Series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new HP Deskjet 2600 printer that abruptly started printing blank pages. I made a test print and found that it still prints in color. The HP Smart app bar graphs shows that the black cartridge (cartridge that came with the printer) is approximately 15% full. The app gives no indication of any problem. I ran the Windows 10 troubleshooter, it reported that the system is working properly.
Complicating the situation this printer had recently had problems printing document. I noticed recently that the printing process was taking an increasing amount of time to do its work. Instances had been occurring occasionally. When starting a print job there would be a long delay before hearing the carriage beginning to move. On other occasions a long delay would occur after the carriage stopped. Additionally on still more occasions the printer did nothing after sending the print command. After that, sending a second or third print command. Those too failed to start the printing process. Going further on some occasions toggling the printer power button off and on might start the printer working. These delays can take between 1 and 4 minutes, 4 minutes being the point I shut down the print job. Occasionally after toggling the power switch the printer will print multiple copies of the document.
I have learned that many other users of this printer have experienced the same problem. This appears to be a communication problem. My printer is connected by the USB cable and PC 3.0 port. I'm guessing that the HP smart app is getting incorrect ink cartridge levels measurements from the cartridge. Does anybody recognize this problem. Tnx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@c1sanford

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@c1sanford

Welcome to the HP support community.

Update the printer firmware

Here are the steps:- Click here

Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. 
  • Restart the PC again.

Download and install printer full feature driver

Click here to download the driver.

Try the steps mentioned in this HP document to fix print quality issues:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Neither the firmware or driver update was found to be available for the Deskjet 2650 printer on the HP website..

HP Recommended

@c1sanford

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Problem with getting blank black & white pages solved .  lacking any other course of action I replaced the original cartridge and determined that the defect was due to false misleading ink level. At the time of failure the software indicated that the cartridge contain a level about 15%. The software gave no warnings of the cartridge needing immediate replacement. When a replacement cartridge arrived it was found to weigh 1,29 oz. The original cartridge was also weighed, and came in at 0.84 oz. Simple math shows that the unusable cartridge was actually at a level of 65%  contradicting the software display value of about 15%.  I am forced to conclude that HP has a defect in its ink level detection. A lot of ink in a cartridge is wasted, about 50%. FYI to all 2600 series owners.  

HP Recommended

Just troubleshooted through this and came to post to find your answer here. This is clearly a recurring problem that HP needs to address, and they are not. Thanks for your information.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.