Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I'm using a new HP Deskjet 3050 J610 out of the box (came with a student laptop purchase a few years ago and was never used) with a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.9.1.  I set up the printer using USB as instructed and it worked fine because the driver is preloaded in Apple's latest version, but when I try to connect to my Belkin router the printer times out.  I've run the diagnostic page and the SSID names do not match.  I'm unable to find a way to change the SSID in the printer to manually connect.  There is no HP folder on my computer that would normally house the set-up info for the printer.  I've looked through all the documentation on HP and can't find anything that tells me how to get into the set-up.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Found the answer in a reply to a question about the HP Deskjet 3054.  Worked for my system, too, so I'm up and running.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Did you download the manual and read page 36?  Tells you how to connect your printer.  You will need a Printer USB cable and do not connect it until told to do so.

Download the user guide here.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=4066452

HP Recommended

Yes, I read through all of that.  The problem is the CD doesn't work with OS X 10.9.1.  All of the drivers come preloaded so there is no set up directions to follow.  Printer works great when plugged in using USB but I'm unable to change the SSID on the printer manually so I can connect via wi-fi.  I'm looking for a way to get into set-up that doesn't rely on the CD (because it doesn't work) or need a download from HP (because I'm unable to find any for Mac.

HP Recommended

Well that's going to be an issue.  I don't see a 10.9.1 software even on the web, yet. 

HP Recommended

Found the answer in a reply to a question about the HP Deskjet 3054.  Worked for my system, too, so I'm up and running.

HP Recommended

And... that answer is... for others to know...???

HP Recommended

Sorry, solution that worked for me is copied below:

"Hi jah25,

I understand you have an Deskjet 3054 printer and are needing to connect it to a Mac running Mac OS X v10.9. I will certainly do my best to help you with this.

First what you will do is to restore the network defaults on the printer. To do this, quickly press the Wireless button on the panel of your printer, use the three buttons to the left of the screen to select Settings and then select Defaults and the network defaults will be restored on your printer.

At approximately 1:19 seconds into this video, the person demonstrates how to connect to the printer's network, yours most likely will be titled hpsetup (or possibly something a little longer that contains your printer's name), which you will connect to, and then wait a minute or two before printing the Network Configuration Page. Then continue with the video to enter your IP address into a web browser. Your Embedded Web Server may look a little different so you can close out of the video after that portion.

In the Embedded Web Server click the Network tab across the top, then under the section that says Wireless (802.11) on the left hand side, and then click Wireless Setup Wizard. You will just have to follow through the prompts to get your printer connected to your network. Once it's connected you can connect your Mac back to your own network (that you just connected the printer to). After that click your Apple icon, go to System Preferences, open Print and Scan and proceed to add the printer using the + symbol.

This will allow you to print and scan using Apple's software. If you're not sure how to scan please have a look at this How to Scan: OS X v10.9 document.

Hope this helps, have a great day!"

**MissTeriLynn** 
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Thanks for posting the solution. This is what finally helped me too!
HP Recommended

I cannot get my parents' Deskjet 3050 to connect to their wi-fi network. When attempting to connect I receive a WPS time out message on the printer. It worked fine for 2 years. The name and password on the network has not changed. It's an AT&T router using TKIP authentication.

HP Recommended

The video no longer exists.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.