Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hello, I have a Deskjet 3050A-J611g/ CR232A. I'm running windows 7(various varieties, ie: home premium, ultimate, etc.) error code 0X00759C98 HW_WATCHDOG C, What is it? How can it be fixed? The only thing that was changed was I turned on auto update, and set up e print. Everything seemed fine but the next time I went to my printer this error wasd on the printer control pad screen. As soon as the printer starts up after resetting it does it again. Is there a bad board in it that needs to be replaced? There appears to be nothing broken or out of place, so that's why I suspect. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated! If someone has the definition for this error it would be quite helpful! Thank you in advance!!!

BigJL71
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This also happened to me. To fix it I just disconnected the printer from power and held the power button for about fifteen seconds. The only changes that were made before the error happened were:

1: The network SSID was changed

2: Tried to print without black cartridge (later found out that it had no effect)

3: Installed new software on computer (Don't think this was the issue though)

Hope it works for you too!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended
There is a document with steps to help identify and address 0x type errors located here.

Hope this helps.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Jason,

Thank you, but I had already been there and tried the reset to no avail. I'm looking for more specific information so I can service my printer myself since it's out of warrany. Thamk you.

BigJL71
HP Recommended

Deskjet 3050A-J611b/ CR231: error code 0X00759C98 HW_WATCHDOG C, What is it? How can it be fixe

HP Recommended

Re: Deskjet 3050A-J611b/ CR231: error code 0X00759C98 HW_WATCHDOG C, What is it? How can it be fixe

HP Recommended

alaaammar,

If you are seeing this error on the PC try downloading and running the print and scan doctor located here:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03275041https://support.hp.com/us-en/help/printscandoctor

It can fix a lot on its own and if not give a better idea of what is going on.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
HP Recommended

@bigjl71 wrote:

Hello, I have a Deskjet 3050A-J611g/ CR232A. I'm running windows 7(various varieties, ie: home premium, ultimate, etc.) error code 0X00759C98 HW_WATCHDOG C, What is it? How can it be fixed? The only thing that was changed was I turned on auto update, and set up e print. Everything seemed fine but the next time I went to my printer this error wasd on the printer control pad screen. As soon as the printer starts up after resetting it does it again. Is there a bad board in it that needs to be replaced? There appears to be nothing broken or out of place, so that's why I suspect. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated! If someone has the definition for this error it would be quite helpful! Thank you in advance!!!

HP Recommended

This also happened to me. To fix it I just disconnected the printer from power and held the power button for about fifteen seconds. The only changes that were made before the error happened were:

1: The network SSID was changed

2: Tried to print without black cartridge (later found out that it had no effect)

3: Installed new software on computer (Don't think this was the issue though)

Hope it works for you too!

HP Recommended

A mí me pasó lo mismo . Me daba error code y lo que hice fué desconectar la corriente , esperé 1 minuto más o menos y apretando el botón de encendido conecte la corriente y en cuestión de unos segundos lo pude solucionar . Espero que le sirva a alguién . Suerte !

HP Recommended

@Héctor1

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: 惠普个人客户支持论坛

Thank you for your understanding

I Work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.