Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Our printer is the deskjet 3050a, and since we upgraded to Maverick we lost access to some of our capabilities (Scan 3).  We have now lost our Wireless capabilities.  On the Wireless Network Test says "The wireless radio on your HP printer is currently turned off."  Solution - "To connect wirelessly, you must turn on the wireless radio on your HP printer.  Refer to the Setup Guide that came with your HP printer".  I've looked at my set up guide and looked online but I can't find anywhere how to turn on the wireless radio, please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If the radio does not turn on, the hardware / radio is likely defective. I'd call HP Support 800-474-6836

I was an HP employee

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

IF the wireless radio is off, follow these steps to turn it on:

On the printer control panel, press the Wireless button ( ), and then select Settings . Press the button ( ) next to Wireless On/Off , and then select On .
I was an HP employee

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks.
HP Recommended

I tried that many times the last few weeks.

HP Recommended

I've done this many times and it still says the radio is off.  Is there something else, or is that all?

HP Recommended

If the radio does not turn on, the hardware / radio is likely defective. I'd call HP Support 800-474-6836

I was an HP employee

HP Recommended
Thanks!!
HP Recommended

I was trying to print from my laptop but it didn't print and i also try to scan on my printer it shoed me that my wireless radio is turn off. I tried to reset it but i could not. What can i do to turn on the wireless radio.

HP Recommended

@mtbaughs wrote:

IF the wireless radio is off, follow these steps to turn it on:

On the printer control panel, press the Wireless button ( ), and then select Settings . Press the button ( ) next to Wireless On/Off , and then select On .

i did not succeed - WHAT next please ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.