Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 3510 e All-in-one Deskjet Printer
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hello, and thanks in advance for any help.

My Deskjet 3510 will no longer connect to the wifi, and cannot be used by the PC or any of the wireless devices in the house. 

I am running on MacOS 10.13. 

I have restarted the printer, the computer and the router.

I have reset the printer to factory settings.

The computer can see the printer in the list of "available wifi networks" (so I know the printer's wireless is working) but when I try to connect using either the HP Utility or the HP Easy Start sotware, it simply cannot find the printer.

I have attempted the printer's Wireless Protected Setup > Push Button Setup function. After pusing the WPS button on the router, the printer switches to a  "WPS connection in progress" message, but after a minute or two it just stops, giving the message "Error....progress stopped." I have no clue what the error is, or how I should proceed. 

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi! @Icats, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand your printer is connected via USB but you are getting an error printer not connected.

Also, I understand your situation and concern, so don't worry I'll try to help you out.

To share and assist you better please reply back to the questions listed below.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Have you replaced the router at your place?

Is the wireless enabled on your printer?

Are you able to connect other devices to the same wireless network?

Do you have any wireless interferences at your place?

Excellent description and a great diagnosis done. It is greatly appreciated.

Refer this article from apple to know sources of wireless interferences. Click Here

Print wireless network test report from your printer and check the wireless functionality.

1. Press the Wireless button to access the
Wireless Status screen.
2. Press the Settings button to access the
Wireless Settings menu.
3. Select Print Report, and then select Test
Report.

Remove and re-add the printer to the MAC as Airprint.

Remove the printer from the print queue, and then re-add it to clear any possible error states with the printer setup.
Search the Mac for Print, and then click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners in the list of results.
Check if the name of your printer displays in the Printers list.    Do one of the following steps, depending on if the printer is listed or not.
If your printer is listed, remove and re-add the printer to confirm communication and that the correct driver is used. Click the name of your printer, click the minus sign, then delete the printer. Once the printer is removed, click the plus sign, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the name of your printer, then continue with the remaining steps.
If your printer is not listed, click the plus sign, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the name of your printer, then continue with the remaining steps.
Click the Use or Print Using box, then select AirPrint from the list.
Click Add to add the printer to the list.
Close the System Preferences window.

When you try to select a printer, a No AirPrint Printers Found message displays. To resolve the issue, restart the printer and Apple iOS device, and then make sure they are connected to the same network.

NOTE:

If your printer is connected to a computer with a USB cable, you must use Wi-Fi Direct/HP wireless direct (if available) as an alternative.

Move the router closer to the printer

Make sure other household items do not interfere with the wireless signal and then move the router closer to the printer.

1. Move the router away from household items that can interfere with the wireless signal, such as microwave ovens and cordless phones.

2. Move the printer closer to the wireless router.

3. Make sure your router is set at 2.4 GHz.

Restart all devices, and make sure they are on the same network

Lastly, try restoring the printer network settings to default and connect the printer to network again.

1. Press the Wireless button to access the
Wireless Status screen.
2. Press the Settings button to access the
Wireless Settings menu.
3. Select Restore to Default.
4. Confirm selection to restore defaults.

Also, refer this article to know more information about printing with apple airprint. Click Here

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark an accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Deskjet 3510

HP Recommended

My computer is Pavilion 23

HP Recommended

Deskjet will not connect to Wireless.

HP Recommended

Please connect Wireless

HP Recommended

@Liaqat, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Reset the printer network settings and try again-

1. From the home screen of your printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon .

2. Touch the Setup icon .

3. Touch Restore Network Defaults or Restore Network Settings, and then touch Yes to confirm your selection.

4. After the default network settings are restored, touch the back arrow, touch Wireless Settings, and then touch Wireless Setup Wizard.

The printer searches for available networks.

5. Touch the name of your wireless network.

6. If your wireless network does not display in the list of wireless networks, touch Enter New Network Name, and then type the name of your wireless network.

note:

Type the exact network name, including any uppercase and lowercase letters.

7. Type the WEP or WPA key (network password), and then touch Done.

If you do not know your network password, go to Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password.

Once the printer connects to the wireless network, the blue Wireless light on the control panel turns on solid.

Refer to the document No Connection after Router or Wi-Fi Settings Change for help.

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.