Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3630

I have been unable to access the admin setup for my 3630 printer. This is not the wireless password but the admin. I don't remember setting up a password but I could have done. I have already tried cold reset and wireless reset to no avail. 

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 17.25.11.png

Some help would be appreciated.

Even stranger, after a hard reset the info sheet tells me thar the admin password is not set and yet still doen't allow me access to the admin settings.

hpprinter.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Misho_V I suggest you check my private message for steps on performing a full reset, the instructions are designed for your specific printer and if anyone with a different model would try the steps, it may render the printer unstable, hence a private message would be the safest way of sharing this information: Click here to know how the private message function works. 

Stand by for updates!

And have a good day.

(P.S: If anyone wants these instructions for their specific printers, please create a public post and tag me, I'll be happy to help).

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

56 REPLIES 56
HP Recommended
Hi, Please check your private message, I have sent you the resets that can help clear the admin password. Hope this helps.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Hey! Can you also dm me the solution. I'm facing the same problem as him.

HP Recommended
Hi, Please check your private message for the reset steps.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Hi, can you please send me the solution since I am facing the same problem. Thanks.

HP Recommended
Hi, Please check your messages for the steps to reset the printer.
HP Recommended

Hi @Sylvig,

Appreciate if you can DM me the same solution to solve the admin/password issue. Thanks

HP Recommended
Hi, Please check your private message for the steps to reset the printer. Thanks.
HP Recommended
Hi @kolombo50 Please check your private message for the reset steps. Hope this helps.
HP Recommended

Hi,

i am having a hard time resetting the admin password although i factory reset the printer already.

Can someone please DM the instructions on how to reset the admin password for deskjet 363x series?

thanks in advance

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.