Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi @morsan

To better assist you - May I have the exact model name of the printer? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

product number: K4T99B

HP Recommended

Hi @morsan

Let's try these steps to restore the network settings to defaults - Press the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for three seconds.

If the issue still persists, I have sent you a private message with the printer reset. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hp1.pnghp2.png

I did the procedure, and keeps asking for the password !

HP Recommended

@silviomaraujo

Appreciate you trying the steps. I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding this. 

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Silvyg, may I have this instruction/steps too?

HP Recommended

I am trying to setup HP Deskjet 3775 to connect to wifi. I am using Linux + latest hplip. It cannot connect to wifi using temporary USB connection. I'd like to connect using HP Smart app but unable to connect to wifi network started by printer (when press and hold Wifi + Info buttons together) - it asks for password I don't know (maybe set time ago when it was connected to another router).

So:

- hplip connect doesnt work (using temporary USB cable)

- smart app doesn't work (it cannot connect to device wifi)

What steps you can suggest to solve it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.