Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3630 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have a Deskjet 3630 All-in-One which is wirelessly connected to my house's network.  As of a day or two ago, it has ceased being able to print documents, regardless of the source PC.  It can however still print test pages perfectly fine which makes the HP Print and Scan Doctor effectively useless at diagnosing the problem.

On my loungeroom PC the process in the print queue is too quick to really follow - the task enters the queue, spools and then disappears from the queue with nothing printed.  On my main PC though it happens a bit slower and so the steps the print queue goes through are easily observed: the task spools, moves to the print stage and then immediately switches to deleting itself from the print queue.

Both computers are running Windows 8.1, and I have already uninstalled the printer completely and then reinstalled it again on the loungeroom PC.

This issue has effectively rendered the device useless as a printer (unless I wanted to start a test print scrapbook collection).  It obviously *can* receive network print tasks, but for some reason if it's anything other than a test page it won't actually process them.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Are you running a anti-virus program?

Restart your computer and log into a Windows using a different Windows account.
If the printer works from another account, make sure the account you are trying to print from has the necessary permissions to print.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

I usually use Avira, have never had problems with it before (although I just checked and it seems I haven't reinstalled it on my desktop PC since rebuilding it a few months ago, so it's not a factor).

And both computers have been restarted and use different Windows accounts from each other.  Both have previously been able to print and are now not able to.  No permissions have been changed on either PC.

And there haven't been any system updates to either PC during the time this issue has occurred because the wifi network they operate from has (due to unrelated ISP issues) lost access to the internet, which occurred several days before this issue started happening.

HP Recommended

Disable or remove Avira & try printing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I think you missed the part where it literally can't be the cause because:
a. It's only installed on one of the computers and the problem is experienced across multiple devices,
b. The problem started two days ago and Avira has been on that system longer than that, and
c. Avira has not received any updates this week because that computer has not had internet access to receive any updates.

How is Avira meant to affect print queues of computers it's not even installed on?  Its protection isn't *that* good.

HP Recommended

Just trying to eliminate possible causes.

HP Recommended

None of the computers are capable of obstructing each others' access to the printer - the printer has no physical connections to any computer, it's a purely wifi-enabled network printer.

That means the problem must either be the printer itself or a common factor between the computers like the current lack of internet connection.

So, how do I go about factory resetting the printer?

HP Recommended

I do not have that info, if you are still under warranty you can contact HP support.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.