02-27-2020 05:27 AM
Our Deskjet 3720 has an orange ink error light and a black cartridge empty warning flashing. We have changed the black cartridge for new (twice) and cleaned all contacts as per the HP guide. The warranty expired last year so any help on here is much appreciated! Thanks.
02-28-2020 02:04 AM
I'm guessing there is no help from HP on here either as the printer is out of Warranty? The printer was never heavily used but essential for the children's school work if they cannot print at school, and also for the charity work I do.
02-28-2020 03:05 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
- Step 1: Make sure the ink cartridges are compatible
- Step 2: Make sure the ink cartridges are correctly installed
- Step 3: Clean the electrical contacts
- Step 4: Remove and reinsert the ink cartridges again
- Step 5: Clean the ink cartridge contacts again
- Step 6: Reset the printer
- Step 7: Install a new ink cartridge
- Step 8: Align the ink cartridges Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05073569 to complete the troubleshooting steps.
(Refer to One or Both ink level icons are blinking with no segment and the Ink Alert light is on or blinking)
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee