Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3752
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I just installed a new 3752 inkjet printer. It took hours. Literally. I timed a printout. 1 page of black text in draft mode set to black and white took 25 seconds to print. I find this unacceptably slow, and all of the solutions, including the absolutely useless printer assistant software, have not resolved the issue. For a brand new machine, this is ridiculous. My old D1420 was fast. Heck, the old Laserjet 6p runs circles around this pokey thing. It's a shame, really. I have a LOT of printing to do, and it looks like I'll be going back to the store to look at the Canons or Epsons. 2 pages a minute, roughly? Just ... No, HP. No.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BKN6006

Welcome to HP support community.

Make a copy and check if that prints faster?

If that copies fine, follow the below steps:

Change the default paper type

1. Search Windows for printers, and then click Devices and printers in the list of results.

2. Double-click the HP DeskJet 3700 series icon.

3. Double-click Set Preferences.

4. Click the Paper/Quality tab.

5. In the Paper type drop-down menu, select Plain Paper, and then click OK.

Figure : Selecting the Plain Paper setting

Selecting the Plain Paper setting
  6. Close the HP DeskJet 3700 series window, and then close the Devices and Printers window.

Try to print. If the printer continues to print slowly, continue to the next step.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After literally hours of fighting this thing, and uninstalling and reinstalling with a few reboots, I've finally gotten black text draft mode up almost 3 pages per minute of text! Wow. No, the plain paper solution did not help. I've wasted hours on this thing, run nearly all the starter ink out so far, and it's still slower than than the old 1998 LexMark. And that's saying something! Sorry to say, I'm done fighting with this thing. It seems that the slow print problem is a very common issue, and one that's simply not worth fighting about. Problem is not solved, and I've given up trying. I'm buying an Epson this Friday.

HP Recommended

@BKN6006

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.