Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3755
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Lost the password to the printer and cannot manage settings etc.

How can I do a hard reset and reinstall this printer?

I have checked out other forum answers and they do not solve the issue.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

************     WARNING   ************

Responses are popping up from fake support websites suggesting you call a 1.800 number.  They will try to direct you to use the Run command (Windows Key +R) and enter a website in the command line.  DO NOT follow their instructions, they are scammers and trying to gain access to your computer.

Ensure that you are only following advice of HP Experts listed on the site as such.

HP Recommended

@512Dude We appreciate the heads up on the scammers, that said, I need you to elaborate on which password you are referring to? So we could get you accurate steps to resolve this issue once and for all,

Also, try the below steps to perform a hard reset in the meantime:

Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Wait at least 60 seconds.

Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE: 

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Still asking for a password.

Here is the screen shot:

Untitled1.jpg

HP Recommended

A second screen that shows all the features locked by an admin that I don't have access to because there is a pwd set that I don't know.

Untitled1.jpg

HP Recommended

@512Dude That's the EWS page and to reset the same, you could use the below steps:

Refer to the user guide for your device for more details: click here

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Riddle_Decipher

i don't know why answering this question seems so difficult but what I am asking for is a process to reset the admin password on the device.  The Wi-Fi Direct password is 12345678 for the unit but the other features are locked by an admin password which I no longer have.

How do I reset the hardware so that it resets the device to factory default settings with no admin password. I want to create a new password so I can then manage the device.

HP Recommended

@512Dude Ideally, the steps mentioned earlier would help reset the password, if that didn't work, I suggest you check my private message for steps on performing a full reset, the instructions are designed for your specific printer and if anyone with a different model would try the steps, it may render the printer unstable, hence a private message would be the safest way of sharing this information: 

Click here to know how the private message function works. 

Stand by for updates!

And have a good day.

(P.S: If anyone wants these instructions for their specific printers, please create a public post and tag me, I'll be happy to help).

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.