12-04-2019 08:45 AM
I have a Deskjet 3835. i connected to my laptop (Windows 10 - 64bit) WIRELESS. i can not print in color.
the catridges are fine, i reinstalled the sw 2 or 3 times. if i connect with USB everything is fine. through netword prints only BW.
i send the same file through hpeprint and it prints in color.
i alse run HP Print & Scan Doctor but it finds it OK. it prints the PRINT QUALITY DIAGNOSTIC OK (with colors) but when trying to print the file again it prints it BW.
do you have any ideas about that??
12-06-2019 09:27 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the printing issue.
Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor, it is a Windows tool to fix printer issues.
If the issue still persists, try re-installing the printer driver -
1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".
2. Look for HP Printer software.
3. Right-click to uninstall.
4. In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.
5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.
6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).
8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.
9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.
10. Select Ok.
11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.
12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.
13. Restart the computer.
14. Download and install the software and drivers from here for Windows 10 (64-bit).
15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
12-06-2019 10:56 AM
Thank you for your response. i have done many times this procedure, i have uninstall and install the sw 3 times. the firmware is updated. i have followed the procedure but the problem persists.
i can NOT print in color through wireless network, only black and white. there are NO parameters that refer to COLOR so i can change them (disable or enable or anything else).
if i send file through hpeprint, color is printed.
i have seen the same problem in another post, he also followed the same procedures and finally he was rerouted to give a call to HP technical team. unfortunately i have not written its name or exact subject of the discussion.
I have also run Doctor. it does not recognize problem. the PRINT QUALITY DIAGNOSTIC PAGE is printed in color as it should be, but the test page is printed Black & White.
Unfortunately i have tried anything i red in this forum, i spent MANY hours without solving this problem.