09-14-2013 04:07 AM
My delight this morning to see a windows update for HP deskjet 450. Short lived though as it failed to install.
I uninstalled my printer and tried again - Windows update FAILED to install. This is the only update which has ever failed to install, what is the problem. Tried installing from 'Add Printer' downloaded the list of HP printers via Windows update and installed it. No change the printer will not print from DOT4.001 port. Have tried all others as well. The only port to work is via a infrared dongle and install printer via infrared port.
This must be enough information to correct this issue!!! Please try again
09-25-2013 01:04 PM
Windows Update keeps trying to install an imortant update but has failed over and over again. Is there anything that HP can do, this is just not good enough.
09-25-2013 01:23 PM
Not only does windows update have trouble installing the important drivers update for the HP deskjet 450 but update from the device manager as well.
See attachments above and below. Who are you trying to fool HP. Your software does not work on Windows 8
10-13-2013 01:30 PM
Well despite all the viewings I get no answers.
Yes, HP say the drivers work but I can assure them that well qualified engineers have said they do not. I believe now that if HP will look at the port rather than the drivers and stop hiding behind this forum to communicate they may come up with an answer.
My confidence in HP to resolve this problem is so negative that I don't think they have engineers that are compitent enough to do so.
11-24-2013 08:45 AM
Two months have past since I last tried to connect my printer via USB and still I am no further forward. Something is very wrong here as if you are interested look at the windows printer driver for this model, there is now 3 of them and none work.
I still think it is not the driver which is at fault I think it is the set-up taking the printer to the wrong port. The printer works via infared albeit slow and will not print large files.
My boycot of HP products will continue along with this recomendation to companies I am associated with. It is not good enough HP, clearly you have no interest in protecting your reputation.
02-15-2014 07:21 AM
The only answer so far that has worked for this problem is to take a step backwards. I have had Windows 7 installed on some of my computers. My printer works perfect via USB on this outdated operating system. Thank you HP and Microsoft, clearly you do not have the will to fix a simple driver/port problem.
01-07-2016 10:26 AM
I think this will help:
For the HP 450 I've found a way of printing on Windows 8 & 10
Using David_882's answer at:
by Dave Truster
1. Open the Device Managerand set the view type to “Device by connection”
2. Find your Path to the Printer (eg: Standard OpenHCD USB Controller -> USB Root HUB -> HP Deskjet 450 series -> HP Printers -> HP Deskjet 450)
3. Delete the Last entry “HP Deskjet 450” and the parent entry “HP Printer”, keep the parent entry “HP Deskjet 450 Series”.
4. Select the Entry „HP Deskjet 450 series“ and click „Update Drivers“
Click “Browse my Computer for Driver Software” followed by “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”
5. Select “USB Print Support”, click next and then close.
6. Now you should have this Configuration: - There is an image showing
7. now open the Windows Printmanager, open your Printers properties, change the Drriver to “generic/text only”
8. delete the old Deskjet 450 Driver:
9. Open your printers properties again “generic/text only” select new driver, click next, click “Windows update”
Select HP / Deskjet 450 (Microsoft)
10. After applying the new driver, you can remove the generic / Text only driver. You’re done and should be able to print a test page: