12-22-2019 01:56 AM
I am trying to set up a new printer.
first stage after startup is to insert paper and click 'ok' to align, but I can't click 'ok'...
if I click 'later' and complete other steps of the setup - I can't use the scanner - so my assumption is that the scanner simply doesn't work.
any other suggestions or do I simpley have a defect product?
12-24-2019 10:29 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Try clicking on OK, if the issue persists, click on later.
Go to the home screen on the printer > Setup > Tools > Align
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
12-30-2019 12:28 PM
Thanks Kumar, and sorry for the delayed rsponse.
Unfortunaitly, these suggested steps did not help and I can still not setup my printer due to the scanner not responding.
I guess I need to return to the store / local hp support.
thanks anyway, and happy new year!
12-31-2019 06:29 AM
If the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it could be a possible hardware issue:
1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.
Keep me posted for any other assistance.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee